1. In the case of a defect in the goods, the Buyer has the possibility to claim the defective goods on the basis of the warranty or guarantee regulated in the Civil Code, provided that the guarantee has been granted.
2. Using the warranty, the Buyer may, under the terms and within the periods specified in the Civil Code:
a) Submit a declaration of price reduction
b) In the event of a material defect, submit a declaration of withdrawal
c) Demand the replacement of items with a defect-free item
d) Require rectification of the defect
3. The Seller asks for a complaint on the basis of the warranty to be submitted to the postal or electronic address indicated in § 2 of the Regulations.
4. If it turns out that in order to consider the complaint it is necessary to deliver the claimed goods to the Seller, the Buyer is obliged to deliver these goods, in the case of the Consumer and a natural person running a business at the Seller's expense, to the address: JORDAN S.C NADRZECZNA 16 GD6 BOX D-32 05-552 WÓLKA KOSOWSKA
5. if an additional warranty has been granted for the goods, information about it, as well as its conditions, is available in the product description in the Shop.
6. Complaints concerning the operation of the Store should be sent to the e-mail address indicated in § 2 of the Regulations.
7. The Seller will consider the complaint within 14 days.
EXTRA-JUDICIAL MEANS OF HANDLING COMPLAINTS AND PURSUING CLAIMS
8. In the event that the complaint procedure fails to produce the result expected by the Consumer and the Natural Person conducting business activity, the Consumer and the Natural Person conducting business activity may use, among others, the following:
a) Mediation conducted by the locally competent Provincial Inspectorate of Commercial Inspection, to which a request for mediation should be addressed. As a rule, the procedure is free of charge. The list of Inspectorates can be found here: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq595.
b) Assistance of a locally competent, permanent amicable consumer court operating at the Provincial Inspectorate of Commercial Inspection, to which an application should be submitted for consideration of a case before an amicable court. As a rule, the proceedings are free of charge. The list of courts is available at the address: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq596.
c) Free assistance of the municipal or district Consumer Ombudsman.
d) Internet ODR platform available at the address: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.